Scape to Sweden to promote our properties in Guardamar del Segura.
This weekend we have changed the sun and Mediterrenean coast for beautiful and cold south Sweden. We travelled to Malmoe.
The Swedish market asks for Spain. The main demand is concentrated in the south east section; from Costa del sol to Costa Blanca and is no surprise though we were lucky the sun was shinning every day. The 3º morning degrees and the 7º C afternoon ones remminded us we were in Scandinavia. It was clear to us that the largest percentage of agencies offering properties would be the Spanish ones focused in the mediterranean coast. And it was like that, though all of these were big agencies. We were the only small family run real estate business promoting Guardamar del Segura and Costa Blanca, which we are proud of.
Though Spain was the highlighted destination, we weren't the only ones. It was very interesting to see what Thalidand, Turkey or Portugal among others has to offer.
And after two intense working days connecting with potencial buyers. We are back with a good idea of what the Swedish market is looking for when buying a property. ¿Would you like to know? Then keep reading.
- 70% is looking for a holiday property, which can be also clasified as investment since their intention is for most people is to spend short periods of time in Spain and to rent it out the rest of the year.
- 80% wants to be away from the touristic areas, that's why they found Guardamar a very interesting option.
- 75% is looking for a house close to he beach.
- The type of housing the Swedish market is looking for is more less balanced; 45% is only looking for apartments, 20% wants a bungalow or a town house, a 10% is searching for a chalet with a plot of land and the 25 % is open to consider different types of properties.
- Only the 25% is exclusively looking for newly built properties with a modern style, many others wanted a Spanish traditional house.
To end this post, I remark here the newly built houses and second hand homes the Swedish people liked the most:
LOS ESTAÑOS BEACH, Chalet, Town house - 164.000€
Apartment with stunning views, Guardamar - 123.000€
Duplex in great conditions, Rojales - 103.000€